Can I differentiate between groups of Employees? Ex. Full time vs. Part Time?
You can designate your full time vs part time Employees in a number of ways, depending on your needs:
- If you simply want to visually see who is part time vs full time when you are manually assigning shifts, you could edit the Employee names to include a part time designation, like "Jane Doe (PT)" so you can easily tell when looking at the Employee names whether they are full time or part time.
- If you are just wanting the ability to filter to show full time or part time workers and their shifts on the schedules, you can create Positions for "Full Time" and "Part Time" - then check off the proper position for each Employee. Then at the top of the schedule views or the Employees List page, you can change the Positions dropdown menu to only display one group or the other.
- If your part time Employees are simply restricted to fewer hours but can still work the same positions as your full time Employees, then edit the Employees' "maximum hours per week" and "maximum hours per day" fields to reflect the appropriate number of hours the part time and full
time Employees can work.
- If your part time Employees are restricted to only work certain types of shifts, or not all the shifts a full time Employee can work, then you can create different Positions for your part time jobs vs your full time jobs and edit each Employee's record to allow the part time Employees to only work the part time type Positions and the full time Employees to allow them to work either just the full time type Positions or both full time and part time Positions (depending on your situation).
- If you want to use AutoFill and give your full time Employees first choice of the assignments before the part time employees are considered, you can set the part time Employees to a different "priority group" (say 2 or 3 ,etc.) and then use AutoFill "By Priority Groups" to have your full time
Employees with priority group 1 assigned before the group 2 and 3, etc. are assigned. You can read more about editing Employees here.