Export to QuickBooks Payroll
(Intuit Quickbooks Payroll is an independent company not affiliated with WhenToWork)
WhenToWork provides an export format that can be imported into Quickbooks using the Reports section, but we recommend that you test this export to be certain it works for your specific Quickbooks version and format.
The employee names in your WhenToWork account will need to exactly match
how you have the employee names entered in your QuickBooks software.
To Configure (one time setup) Quickbooks Export:
From any page:
- In the top menu under REPORTS, choose Custom Reports
- Click Configure next to QuickBooks pictured below
- In the configure window, enter the information QuickBooks requires
- The first four values are set in your QuickBooks software. They can be found if you run a "Timer Activity" export in your QuickBooks software and then view the output file.
- Optional - you can enter the QuickBooks values for "Job" and "Service Item" fields for each Position you have entered into your WhenToWork accounts, or if you leave them blank, the QuickBooks export file will leave those fields blank for you. These fields can be a maximum of 25 characters only.
- Click Save button and that information will then be included in any QuickBooks export files you make in the future.
To Export a Quickbooks File:
On the Reports page:
- Choose or enter the date range (and the positions and categories to include) for the export file (1.)
- Click the "Export" link to right of the the QuickBooks label (2.)
- Type in your filename
- Click the Create Export File button (3.)
- You will be prompted for where on your computer to save the file. Make a notation of the location for when you need to Import the file into QuickBooks.
Note: WhenToWork only has 'scheduled' shift information and is NOT a time clock that allows the actual in and out times to be recorded. The schedule data you export includes only the information you have entered into the "Schedules" section.
Most software you import schedule data into requires unique Employee ID numbers that must match exactly their software, so be sure your WhenToWork account has the Employee information
Since this QuickBooks export feature is new, just let us know if you have any trouble with formatting.
Configure page does not save
- "Job" and "Service Item" fields can be a maximum of 25 characters only.
No data in export file -
If there is no data in export file, be sure to confirm you have added an Employee number to each employee record in your account. You can quickly review this on the Employees List Grid
when that column is selected to view. Also, it may be that there are no shifts which match the Position and Category you have chosen in the "Include" drop down menus for the date range given.