Many WhenToWork users schedule events. Here are some tips if you are scheduling Employees for events:
- You can create Categories to help with adding shifts for events. Define a category with "default Add Shift Settings" (ex. you can enter the time, and the description information about the event location or client name, etc.) Then when you add shifts for the event, you can choose that event Category first and those event defaults will be entered for you. Note that for employees to see categories, you will need to permit this on the Settings > Employee page.
- Or if you have repeating events at a certain location, you might want to create separate positions that include the location (ex. Server - Marriott, Setup - Marriott). This will allow you to filter your view to only one position group - servers across all locations, servers in just one location, everyone in one location, etc.
- Or you can use the Shift Description when adding or editing shifts to enter information about the events. Description display can be turned on and off using the Change Layout link on most Schedule Views
- Or create a Template and Import sets of shifts for events. When you Import, you can set all shifts to have a shift description that explains the event, location details, etc.
- Or if you have a website you can upload documents there - create an information document, upload to your website and then add a link to it in the Schedule Notes at the bottom of the schedule week. The link will display on the schedules for Employees and will be included when they receive their schedule by email.
using the Contact link at the bottom of your account and send us information about your specific event scheduling, and we will be happy to make suggestions that will help you in setting up your account and in your week to week scheduling.