Manager-entered time off immediately unassigns the employee from any overlapping shifts and sets those shifts to be unassigned. When an employee requests a time off
and the manager approves it, the employee is also unassigned from any overlapping shifts. Time off can be added to unpublished or published weeks as far into the future as you like.
Time Off can be created in two ways:
- Employee can sign in and enter a time off request which is then sent to the Manager to approve or deny.
- Managers with permission can enter Time Off for the employee using the Time Off section or, more quickly, by clicking the corresponding cell for the employee and day you want to add the Time Off on the By Employee Schedule View.
Managers can add a time off three different ways:
- To enter Time Off for an Employee using the BY EMPLOYEE schedule view:
From the By Employee Schedule View:
- Navigate to the correct week
- Click the cell that corresponds to the day and employee to open the Quick Shift ADD window
- In the upper right, click the "Add Time Off" link
- On the calendar, click the day to start the time off and then enter the number of days off in a row (or choose a partial day off and enter the times and weeks to repeat) and click the Add New Time Off button
- OR To access the Time Off window from an Employee's details section:
From any page:
- Click on the Employee name to open the Employee Details window
- Click the Time Off tab
- Click the ADD/Delete Time Off button
- Click the date on the calendar for the date you want (if you have problems viewing the calendar, you can enter a date manually using the following format: mm/dd/yyyy).
- Choose whether the time off is for a full day or a partial day
- Enter details as to how many days you are granting off (or for a partial day - what the begin and end times and how many weeks to repeat)
- Type any comment regarding the time off
- Click the Add New Time Off button
- The Time Off is added and if the Employee has set their notifications to notify them when a time off is added or approved, they will be notified by email or text message.