Replacements - Who's Available - Reassign a Shift
If an employee calls in sick, is called out, or you would like to change the assignment for a shift, simply click the shift and choose another employee. The list of employees displays in order of availability and work time preferences
with the best recommended employees listed first. If employees have entered their schedule preferences, the list will sort the employees in order by who prefers to work at that time on that day. The list can also be sorted alphabetically by clicking the Name column title.
Find a replacement for a shift using the By Employee view
From the By Employee View:
- Click the shift that you want to change to open the "Quick Shift EDIT" window
- Click the "Show Available Employees" link
- Then in the Shift Change window you can see a list of available employees - sorted by who prefers that shift time.
- You can choose what employee information appears in that grid by clicking the "Select Columns" link
- To choose a new employee, click their name (to see an employee's details, double-click their name)
- You can choose "None (Unassigned Shift)". If the schedule is published and you have set "all unassigned shifts to appear on the Tradeboard" on your SETTINGS>Global Employee Permissions page, then the shift will automatically be posted to the Tradeboard until an employee is assigned or picks it up
- Then click the Save button.
Find a replacement for a shift on all other weekly views:
From any weekly Schedule View:
Another way to see who might be a good choice for a replacement
- Click the shift that you want to change to directly open the Shift Change window
is to click the "Availability Chart" link in that window. This gives a graphical view of who is available and who likes that time period along with each employee's number of hours under their maximum for that week.
Changes made to a shift in the last 45 days are recorded in each shift's Shift History